Short-term Rehabilitation Services
Rehabilitation and Therapy Services at Park Village Health Care's Continuing Care Retirement Community
For individuals who require short-term rehabilitation following a hospital stay, we offer a full range of services covered under Medicare part A, including:
- Private rooms with full furnishings, cable TV and telephone
- Pharmacy services
- Specialized diets in dining areas or in the privacy of your own room
- Registered Nurses 24 hours a day
Our therapy team is led by Jayne Snader, who is well known and highly respected for her expertise in managing physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech pathology services in our area since 1984.
Jayne and her staff are committed to addressing each of our residents' conditions with evidence-based strategies that involve screening, recommendations, consultations and general education.
A specific evaluation plan is completed for each skilled care patient the same day of admission, and therapy services are available six or seven days a week as required. For additional patient convenience, the Park Village Rehabilitation Unit is located very close to the Therapy Department and its staff of full-time therapy professionals.
Therapy services for outpatients are provided through physician referral.
- Cognitive assessment and therapeutic intervention including components of the Allen Approach and Montessori
- Comprehensive gait analysis and therapeutic training
- Community re-integration
- Assessment and screening
- Geriatric fitness
- Evidence based balance and falls risk reduction intervention
- Home assessment for return to home planning
- Comprehensive osteoporosis therapy with emphasis on well care
- Continence assessment and intervention
- Outcome oriented rehabilitation for total knee, total hip and total shoulder replacement
- Orthopaedic surgeon compliant program for spinal surgery and vertebroplasty
- Therapeutic intervention for spinal stenosis
- Early discharge planning, from day of admission
- On-site and in-department functional training suite
- Neurologic recovery and rehabilitation
- Bi-weekly rehabilitation team meeting and utilization review
- Intensive skilled therapy interaction with third party payers to facilitate optimum coverage for appropriate beneficiary services
- Frequent interaction with house physicians to plan the best rehabilitation experience and recovery outcome