If you are interested in the following position, please click here to download our employment application. You may deliver the completed application in person or mail it to:
Human Resources Manager
Park Village Health Care Center
1525 Crater Avenue
Dover, Ohio 44622
Physical Therapist Assistant
Park Village Healthcare Center has an excellent physical therapist assistant career opportunity in Dover, Ohio. The successful candidate will support the overall physical therapy program.
Physical Therapist Assistant Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to physical therapist's effectiveness by identifying patient care issues; providing information and commentary; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physical therapy directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying therapy histories.
- Assesses abnormal conditions by reviewing physical therapist's interpretations of patient evaluations and test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities; and in using supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
Physical Therapist Assistant Job Requirements:
- Dynamic interest in Physical Therapy program and assisting staff
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid Ohio license